5/10/2006 Add a comment

of some of the most quoted lines in Simpsons history, courtesy of the Onion A.V. Club. Many of the classics are on there already.

But what would you add to the list? I often quote
"Don't you hate pants?"
"I'll kill myself if Portugal doesn't win!" (though I usually quote it the other way around)
"All work and no play make Homer something something."
"In theory, communism works."
"My eyes, the goggles do nothing!"
"Let that be a lesson to the rest of you...nuts."

and then the drunk-quote classics:
"you don't know me!"
"this guy over here, this is the guy."
"so I says, you can keep your stinking money, 'cause I don't want it!"

and many, many more in everyday conversation. The A.V. Club opened up a comments page with more gems. Of course, lists of Simpson's quotes are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Here's some of their favorites at Right Wing News. ben

Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous: "The goggles do nothing" is classic.
    At times I get a good non-sequitor laugh out of "Upon closer inspection, these are loafers".

    Quotes in common circulation in my circle of pals:
    When defending any number of my many lies: "It takes two to lie; one to lie and one to listen"
    "Me fail English" and "tastes like burning"
    "Worst [insert anything] Ever"
    "You tried and failed. The important lesson here is, never try."
    We say "edumucation" quite a bit, which I believe is a derivative of saxomaphone.
    "It's still good, it's still good"
    -v
    5/11/2006  
  2. Anonymous Anonymous: frequently used from the same episode:

    Australia! America! Australia! America!

    and

    I see you've played knifey-spooney before.

    And there's the good old dependable "Maybe it's a tumor!/It's not a tumor". Oh wait, that's from Kindergarden cop.
    5/12/2006