5/13/2005 Add a comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen this article before about athletes paying for teammates' numbers. Some great stories, from Doc Gooden's famous "He can have my wife but he can't have my number", to John Kruk giving his number to Mitch Williams for two cases of beer. The prices have escalated though, Clinton Portis apparently paid $40,000 for his number, but he hasn't paid up, which has landed him in court. Also, Jeff Feagles of the Giants has made out like a bandit the last two years by trading his number to Eli Manning and then Plaxico Burress for a Florida vacation and a new kitchen. Sounds like a good deal to me. ben

Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous: When I go blogging, it often ends up a fruitless journey. I often think I'd do better if I just stuck with my own real estate sites ... and then I come across a blog like yours, and it make the trip worthwhile. Thanks. Visit my site if you have a chance. 4/29/2006