12/11/2003 Add a comment

Snap Judgment: Gretchen's Top Ten Phenomena of 2003

Bennifer. From Gigli to the doomed wedding, we love to hate them.
Howard Dean and the Deanyboppers. Political revitalization through the internet! I love it!
The DaVinci Code. Conspiracy theorists are everywhere.
The O.C. I've never wanted to live in Southern California, but The OC makes me wonder...
The Baseball Playoffs. Never in my life have I been so obsessed with a sporting event.
Hilary Duff. The next Britney. So much fame and so little talent.
Newlyweds. If loving Jessica and Nick is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. The funniest, most emotionally satisfying hour on television last summer.
The Julie-Julia Project. Don’t be dissuaded by the fact that the blog has ended. For the first nine months of 2003, Julie-Julia was the place to be, not only for analysis of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but for often profane and always hilarious musings on a life crisis.
The $29 DVD Player. Seriously, people, how do you make a DVD player for $29? I remember when they cost hundreds of dollars. And yes, that makes me feel very, very old.
Anonymous

Comments