12/21/2007 Add a comment

As the best year for movies ever, this time by Nathan Rabin of the AV Club. Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Quiz Show, Ed Wood, and Crumb are the headliners. Also this was the year Hoop Dreams came out, still the best documentary I have ever seen. This was the first year that I got into paying close attention to new good movies (as opposed to rushing out to see the latest Pauly Shore flick), only have my heart broken when Forrest Gump won the Oscar for best picture. At the very least, it prepared me for Crash winning two years ago.

I still need to see Chungking Express, but the rest either I've already seen or don't have too much interest in.

Does anyone have a case for the worst year for movies? Probably has to be sometime in the 80s or early 90s, but I don't know which year exactly. ben

Comments