8/24/2007 Add a comment

I have a ton of work to get done between now and then, but I am getting very excited for next Friday, when I'm spending the day at Windswept Fields, er, Flushing Meadows watching the U.S. Open. Here's my favorite tennis columnist, Jon Wertheim, with his take on the men's and women's draws. We have grounds passes with no access to Arthur Ashe Stadium, so I won't be watching Federer or Sharapova on the center court. But here's a list of players I'm hoping to watch on the outer courts:
Donald Young (if he's still playing)
John Isner (if still playing)
Marat Safin
Mikhail Youhzny
Marcos Baghdatis
Venus Williams (likely on court 2)
Dinara Safina (Marat's sister)
Martina Hingis (she'll probably be on an outer court)

If you could all join me by doing anti-rain dances for next friday in NYC, it would be much appreciated. ben

Comments