12/18/2004 Add a comment

State Rep. Cynthia Davis of Missouri re. the push by state-level Christian-political groups since the election (cf. Abortion means the terrorists win):

It's like when the hijackers took over those four planes on Sept. 11 and took people to a place where they didn't want to go. I think a lot of people feel that liberals have taken our country somewhere we don't want to go. I think a lot more people realize this is our country and we're going to take it back.

Catholic League President William Donahue on 'Scarborough County', discussing why 'Passion of the Christ' will not win an Oscar, I guess:

Hollywood is controlled by secular Jews who hate Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular. It's not a secret, OK? And I'm not afraid to say it. That's why they hate ['The Passion']. It's about Jesus Christ, and it's about truth. It's about the messiah. Hollywood likes anal sex ... I like families. I like children. They like abortions. I believe in traditional values and restraint. They believe in libertinism. We have nothing in common.
Anonymous

Comments