11/08/2005 Add a comment

I saw The Squid and the Whale last night, which I recommend, and I saw an extended preview for Brokeback Mountain a.k.a "the gay cowboy movie". It looks like it's going to be one of those shoo-in Oscar winners, and got me thinking about a recent CNN.com interview with the creaters of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, which I've been meaning to post for a couple of weeks:
Q: Cartman once described independent movies as "gay cowboys eating pudding." Now we have "Brokeback Mountain," an upcoming movie by Ang Lee about gay cowboys.

MATT STONE: If they have pudding in that movie, I'm going to lose my mind.

TREY PARKER: No, if there's pudding eating in there, we're going to sue.
Needless to say, it is awfully hard to watch the preview for this movie and not think about them eating pudding. The line in the title is the next quote from Matt Stone... ben

Comments